Thursday, May 1, 2014

A Better Connection



I like to think of myself as a free spirit. I detest the idea of being trapped or caught. I object to the thought of structure because I want to run free and structure sounds like hard work, limitation and rigidity. My inner child calls, "No one can hold me down! Ha!" as she runs wild into the wide open unknown!  

Truth is; in all that open space I become a lonely, scared, indignant little girl. Running around with no perimeters can be suffocating. With all that unknown territory to fill up my mind projects dreadful images to send me right back to what I know.  I have definitely changed my tune after the #101DaysofAwakening project. I love structure! It provides focus and a framework in which I can play, explore and run free.

The project, with all its structure, invited me to push my limits enough to create the perfect blend of edgy and safe. Thus inviting growth without being so different and scary that I go right back to my comfort zone or "box." (There is no box except for the ones we create for ourselves so that we feel safe)

I am ready for the next project to challenge my self imposed limitations and expand beyond what is familiar.


Introducing: #101DaysofConection  

As I reviewed my One Belief Statement sheets, the thoughts that caused me the most stress were the thoughts about me in relationship to others and specifically about loss of connection. I fear losing connection with family and friends, losing connection to what matters to me, losing connection to a higher power. I fear being alone running wild and free in a field where no one else wants to play. 

That fear gets a hold of me frequently and drives my most dysfunctional behavior. For example, I am afraid my brother will be annoyed by me so I don't call him thus having limited connection with him and creating exactly what I fear. 

Bleckkk. Done with that! 

So I have designed another #101Days project to support me in exploring the depth of connection I can experience with my spirituality, my body, the people I love most and myself. To sweeten the deal; I am thrilled to share this experience with my brother who has agreed to create a sort of "book club" for The Artist's Way with me. We will do the 12 week course together (he said he would try - good enough for me) and do a weekly call (his handsome mug is featured above).

Below is my plan for the next 101 days. It is my agreement to complete the following:

Weekly:
- Reading and completing tasks from The Artists Way
- Call with my brother (Tre-Dawg-G-Funk as I affectionately call him)
- 2 hour artist date
- Blog post
- 2 yoga sessions at the studio

Daily:
-Instagram post to document my experience
- Morning Pages

Starting: May 1, 2014
Ending August 10, 2014

Wanna play? Let me know!





No comments:

Post a Comment